[Dune] parallel coarsening

Marco Cisternino marco.cisternino at optimad.it
Wed Jun 12 15:26:42 CEST 2013

Hi Andreas,
I wrote a small code which replicates the weird adapting process I have
in my main code.
As attachment you have an archive containing the main
(adaptFromRestore.cc) and 3 input files in the folder data_1/ (2 for the
grid and one for the data).
The code is quite simple:
it restores my grid with marks attached as user data (0-field is for
marks, 1-field is for the indices, 2-field is for the rank),
it plots the data in a vtk file in order to verify y-symmetry and
z-uniformity of the marks and to see the starting grid
it marks the elements using the 0-field in the data structure, where the
marks have been stored
it adapts and plots the grid.

When I wrote you last time, I thought it was a matter of parallel
implementation, but it is not.
I have exactly the same behaviour with 1 process too.
That' s why I'm sending you input data for 1 process run. I have input
data for 8 procs, if you want them, just ask.

I use dune 2.3 and alugrid 1.52. The run is fast and the grid is quite
light.
As you will see the marks are symmetric in y and uniform in z on the
staring grid, but the adaptation is not.
Could this be a bug in alugrid?? I hope it's not.
Thanks a lot for your help.

Bests,
Marco

--