[Dune] Tree structure of the grid and binary search

Sacconi, Andrea a.sacconi11 at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Jun 14 15:53:36 CEST 2013

Hello everyone,

I have a couple of questions concerning the grid:

1) suppose you have to implement a binary search of your grid. How can you get access from a given element (at a given level) to the children (_only_the_children) it has on the subsequent level? I tried to play with levelView or similar things, but I didn't get an answer.
2) if you have an initial macro-triangulation and you adapt the grid (performing both coarsening and refining), what happens to the tree structure? What about the levels of the new grid? Is there some kind of relation between the new grid elements and the level-0 elements of the grid, prior to the adapting phase?

Thanks for your kind help!

Andrea

Andrea Sacconi
PhD student, Applied Mathematics
AMMP Section, Department of Mathematics, Imperial College London,
London SW7 2AZ, UK
a.sacconi11 at imperial.ac.uk