[Dune] Donwload libamiramesh?

Oliver Sander sander at igpm.rwth-aachen.de
Wed May 15 07:42:31 CEST 2013

Hi Christoph,

> does anyone know where to get libamiramesh? The Amira homepage
> does not contain this word at all. The first Google hits are
> from Dune sites. From the Amira website I can only get an Amira
> trial version but I would have to register first.
>
> Was the distribution of libamiramesh officially stopped? At least
> the companies related to Amira were sold quite often in the last
> couple of years.

The distribution of libamiramesh was never very official.  The place
to find it was always a bit hidden, and I admit that I forgot where
to get it.  I could ask my friends at ZIB where to get it, if requested.
However, for various reasons I myself (who originally implemented the
amiramesh support in Dune) have lost interest in Amira/amiramesh,
AFAIK none of the Dune users still uses amiramesh[1], and we may
consider simply dropping the support.

[1] Hi Jonathan, I know you still do use it.  That's not forgotten.