[Dune] Behaviour of the method Dune::Grid::mark

Sacconi, Andrea a.sacconi11 at imperial.ac.uk
Thu Oct 10 12:08:32 CEST 2013

Hi everyone,

I would like to ask you a question about the behaviour of the method Dune::Grid::mark.
The output of the method is a bool ... When could the method return false?
Currently I need this method not for adaptivity purposed, but to label the elements in a certain loop, that discards elements with a certain property (e.g., a fake mark 2) but keeps those with another property (e.g., fake mark 1).
It goes without saying that I need to be sure that there are no "false" returns, otherwise the loop can't get the result I have in mind.

By the way, is there a default value for the mark?

Cheers,
Andrea

Andrea Sacconi
PhD student, Applied Mathematics
AMMP Section, Department of Mathematics, Imperial College London,
London SW7 2AZ, UK
a.sacconi11 at imperial.ac.uk