[Dune] question for installing DUNE on mac

Christoph Grüninger christoph.grueninger at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
Thu Apr 3 18:11:59 CEST 2014

Hi Ping,
which version of g++ do you use? You can find out by using
  g++ --version

Have you used the tarball or checkout from git? Can you provide the
config.log which you can find inside your dune-common directory.

Bye
Christoph

Am 03.04.2014 18:07, schrieb Ping Lin:
> Hi There,
>
> I am trying to install DUNE (2.3.0) on my Mac OS X 10.6 and 10.8.5. After I got all necessarily required packages, I ran "dunecontrol all" as instructed. Then in both Mac OS X versions, I got the same error message (see the last piece of message attached below):
> ======================
> …. …..
>
> /bin/sh ../../libtool  --tag=CXX   --mode=compile g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../..  -I../..   -g -O2 -Wall -MT parametertree.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/parametertree.Tpo -c -o parametertree.lo parametertree.cc
> libtool: compile:  g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. -I../.. -g -O2 -Wall -MT parametertree.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/parametertree.Tpo -c parametertree.cc -o parametertree.o
> In file included from ../../dune/common/fvector.hh:16,
>                 from ../../dune/common/parametertree.hh:25,
>                 from parametertree.cc:18:
> ../../dune/common/typetraits.hh:395: sorry, unimplemented: applying attributes to template parameters is not implemented
> ../../dune/common/typetraits.hh:401: sorry, unimplemented: applying attributes to template parameters is not implemented
> make[4]: *** [parametertree.lo] Error 1
> make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make: *** [all] Error 2
> --- Failed to build dune-common ---
> Terminating dunecontrol due to previous errors!

... as Sir Cyril Hinshelwood has observed ...fluid dynamicists
were divided into hydraulic engineers who observed things that
could not be explained and mathematicians who explained things
that could not be observed.                 -- James Lighthill