[Dune] question for installing DUNE on mac

Ping Lin plin at maths.dundee.ac.uk
Mon Apr 7 13:17:26 CEST 2014

Dear Christoph and Benedikt,

Thanks a lot for your reply. After I installed the best available gcc (MacPorts gcc48 4.8.2_0) 4.8.2,  the problem I was asked is solved in both my mac computers. And "./dune-common/bin/dunecontrol all" ran well for quite some time until I encounter another problem:

../../../dune/fem/io/file/persistencemanager.hh: In member function 'std::string Dune::PersistenceManager::getUniqueTag(const string&)':
../../../dune/fem/io/file/persistencemanager.hh:332:51: error: 'genFilename' was not declared in this scope
       return genFilename( "", tag, ++fileCounter_ );
                                                   ^
../../../dune/fem/io/file/persistencemanager.hh: At global scope:
../../../dune/fem/io/file/persistencemanager.hh:505:25: warning: 'Dune::{anonymous}::persistenceManager' defined but not used [-Wunused-variable]
     PersistenceManager &persistenceManager = PersistenceManager::instance();
                         ^
make[4]: *** [femtimer.lo] Error 1
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2
--- Failed to build dune-fem ---
Terminating dunecontrol due to previous errors!

I updated autoconf, automaker and lib tool to the newer ones and the problem insists. I enclose the log file and hope that you could give some further instruction. Really thank you for your help!

-Ping

Begin forwarded message: