[Dune] question for installing DUNE on mac

Benedikt Oswald benedikt.oswald at lspr.ch
Sun Apr 6 19:02:05 CEST 2014

Dear Ping,

it is in our experience better to use the latest gcc version to compile DUNE and applications based on it.

While it may be possible to use Apple’s proprietary gcc version 4.2.1, it seem to be a bit outdated.

So, I suggest you install the complete gcc 4.8.1 or later on your machine and use it.

In addition, I recommend also to install the latest GNU autotools,like autoconf, automaker,lib tool
on your machine. Then you have a development environment that is state of the art.

Greetings, Benedikt