[Dune] How to store entities?
bernd at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
Tue Dec 9 13:24:24 CET 2014
for some of our models, we store for each vertex all elements that share
this vertex. We currently use a
for this. I have a couple of questions concerning this:
1. Is this currently a good choice or are there better choices?
2. When would it be safe to store (smart) pointers to
3. What should I use in the future when EntityPointer is gone?
4. How strong do the answers to the questions above depend on the grid
manager that is used?
5. Will EntitySeed get a method that restores the Entity rather than the
current method that restores the EntityPointer? When?
I guess that I could draw some conclusions from the "lifetime of
objects" discussion, but this is very hard to follow for me.
Thank you. Kind regards
Bernd Flemisch phone: +49 711 685 69162
IWS, Universität Stuttgart fax: +49 711 685 60430
Pfaffenwaldring 61 email: bernd at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
D-70569 Stuttgart url: www.hydrosys.uni-stuttgart.de
More information about the Dune