[Dune] CurvilinearGridAPI: Implementation of EntityTags and BoundaryIterators

Christoph GrĂ¼ninger christoph.grueninger at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
Thu Dec 18 15:24:39 CET 2014

Hi!

> I agree with both feature request but I can tell you right away that at
> least with respect to the material property you will not find much
> support. We had a method like that for a boundary id but that was now
> removed.

We have this use case, too. We want to read grids with attached
permeabilities to its cells. In principle we would like to have such a
feature.

The boundary ID issues was more complex, if I remember correctly. It was
removed as some questioned that the feature was properly
documented/defined/described.

Oliver answered Aleksejs should "expect quite a bit of opposition to
it." I am wondering, who is this opposition? Maybe we should make a
non-decisive move to get a insight in the general opinion?

Best
Christoph

--
GDB does hate your application, expresses its contempt through the
design of its command-line interface.   -- Tom Tromey, FOSDEM 2014