[Dune] a question about quadrature rules

Arya Fallahi arya.fallahi at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 11:54:04 CET 2014

Dear Dune,

I got to have a question about the quadrature rules implemented in Dune.
There seems to be something strange in the Dune tutorial. First, according
to the comments, if one aims to do integration with quadrature order p, the
rule should be initialized as:

const Dune::QuadratureRule <ctype ,dim >& rule = Dune::QuadratureRules
<ctype ,dim >::rule(gt,p);

However, later for calculation with order two the p value is set to 1.
Would you explain a little about this?

My main question is that if I want to consider only one point for the
integration (first order quadrature rule), what should I set for the rule
order? one or zero?

Thank you in advance for your help and best regards,
Arya