[Dune] Is it possible to prescribe a refinement choice element-wise?

Sacconi, Andrea a.sacconi11 at imperial.ac.uk
Thu Jan 9 18:21:34 CET 2014

Hi Dune users,

I have a quick question for you.
I know that, if you have a 2D mesh of triangles and you want to refine it by splitting the longest edge, you can prescribe "longest" in the DGF file associated to the grid.
Is there the possibility of indicating a refinement choice element-wise? In other terms, could I try to refine indicating that for some elements the edge to be split is the longest, in other elements the one opposite to the corner 0, etc.? Is there a workaround to accomplish this task?

Thanks for your help!
Andrea

Andrea Sacconi
PhD student, Applied Mathematics
AMMP Section, Department of Mathematics, Imperial College London,
London SW7 2AZ, UK
a.sacconi11 at imperial.ac.uk