[Dune] AlbertaGrid does not name a type

Agnese, Marco m.agnese13 at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Jan 21 18:04:13 CET 2014

Hello Dune,
I have a problem with Alberta grid manager.

In my main file I define the following variables:

#define GRIDDIM 2
#define WORLDDIM 2
#define POLORDER 1

#define ALBERTAGRID
#define ALBERTA_DIM WORLDDIM                      //if is not defined pre-processor error

and when I compile I have the following error:

../config.h:502:15: error: ‘AlbertaGrid’ in namespace ‘Dune’ does not name a type
typedef Dune::AlbertaGrid< dimgrid > GridType;

Otherwise if I define the following variables

#define GRIDDIM 1
#define WORLDDIM 2
#define POLORDER 1

#define ALUGRID_SIMPLEX                //or #define ALUGRID_CONFORM

it compiles correctly.

Do you know how to fix this problem?
Thank you very much

PS: the Alberta library is correctly compiled and linked.