[Dune] how to integrate curvilinear tetrahedral elements into DUNE/Alugrid ?

Christian Engwer christian.engwer at uni-muenster.de
Thu Jan 23 12:02:48 CET 2014

On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 11:48:16AM +0100, Oliver Sander wrote:
> Am 23.01.2014 10:25, schrieb Andreas Dedner:
> > What I would suggest would be to setup a project on the dune user wiki and
>
> A good idea, but while doing that I suggest to keep in mind that in the long
> run it may be preferable to merge your code into GeometryGrid proper.
> You are implementing a more general version of GeometryGrid; it is not obvious
> why it should be a completely separate implementation (except to get you started).
>
> > giving it public access - that hopefully will give you some help from the
> > experienced dune developers if you get stuck.
> > I'm terrible with naming so will not make a suggestion but
> > CurvilinearGeometryGrid and simply CurvilinearGrid comes to mind.
>
> -1, I think this is too unspecific.  If you intend to implement polynomial
> geometries how about PolynomialGrid?  Or QuadraticGrid or SecondOrderGrid
> if you only want to do quadratic geometries?

Dear all,

while forking for the development is surely a good thing, why would we
want to rename this thing again. Basically the two implementations
will (hopefully) only differ in the choice of the geometry
implementation. I think we should try to share as much cde as possible
and thus try to merge the functionality into GeometryGrid, ,,all''
that needs to be done is to provide a more general way of specifying
the transformation and storing its data.

my 5 cents