[Dune] Linking with OS X 10.9 Mavericks

Christoph Grüninger christoph.grueninger at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
Wed Jan 29 15:32:10 CET 2014

Hi Benedikt,
have you tried to follow the accepted answer in
http://stackoverflow.com/q/19621831
? It modifies a system header. I hated it, but it finally helped my guest.

> the compilation does not run unto this problem when using the autotools
> based build.
> what could be the reason for this ?

The way they search for the includes and the compiler differs.
The underlaying problem is OS X 10.9 to make Apple's Clang and GCC
incompatible. You can search the net, there are hundreds of complaints.

Can you double-check that you use gcc and not Clang? At least one of
your outputs indicates that Clang is found.

Bye
Christoph

--
Une science n'était vraiment développée que quand elle
pouvait utiliser les mathématiques.    (Paul Lafargue)