[Dune] Some questions on Curvilinear geometry implementation

Aleksejs Fomins aleksejs.fomins at lspr.ch
Thu Jul 24 16:53:27 CEST 2014

Dear Dune,

I am about to start to implement the curvilinear geometry class in Dune.
I have already implemented a stand-alone class that allows me to
construct the Lagrange-interpolated faces and tetrahedrons, which I have
tested using the new GMSH reader.

I would like to integrate the Lagrange interpolation functionality
directly into dune-grid module. However, I have heard from Stefan
Muetting that there already exists some Lagrange Interpolation
functionality in dune-localfunctions. I would be grateful if somebody
could briefly explain what are the capabilities that are already
implemented in dune-localfunctions, such that I can make use of them.

The alternative to integrating the Lagrange Interpolation into dune-grid
could be to include it from dune-localfunctions, but that sounds wrong
to me, because, if I understand correctly, dune-grid is a lower-level
module than dune-localfunctions.

Best,
Aleksejs Fomins

P.S. As agreed before, I am implementing everything in a forked
repository, so there will not be any interference with the original dune
modules before we agree that it is time