[Dune] Installation / could not find required module dune-common

Ansgar Burchardt burchardt at igpm.rwth-aachen.de
Thu Mar 6 10:52:59 CET 2014

Hi,

On 03/04/2014 13:22, Florian Vogelbacher wrote:
> I am currently setting up DUNE on a linux Debian 7.4 64bit box based on
> the latest dune git repositories. The configuration of dune using

If DUNE 2.3 is recent enough for you, you could also try out the Debian
packages. The 2.3 version is currently only available in testing and
unstable, but it should be possible to just rebuild them for Debian 7.4:

1, Add "deb-src http://http.debian.net/debian unstable main" to
   /etc/apt/sources.list and run sudo apt-get update,
2, Install build dependencies: sudo apt-get install build-essential &&
   sudo apt-get build-dep dune-common
3, Then apt-get source -b dune-common should download and build the
   dune-common module, leaving you with a few *.deb packages.
4, Install the *.deb packages with sudo dpkg -i libdune-common*.deb
5, Repeat 2-4 for other modules as needed.

If there is interest in such packages, I can also upload them to the
wheezy-backports suite. Then apt-get install -t wheezy-backports
libdune-common-dev would be enough to try them out (provided backports
is already in the sources.list).

Ansgar