[Dune] Installation / MPI versus SGI MPT

Markus Blatt markus at dr-blatt.de
Sun Mar 9 18:12:50 CET 2014

Hi,

On Sun, Mar 09, 2014 at 04:28:32PM +0100, Christian Engwer wrote:
> Hi Florian
>
> On 9. März 2014 11:41:59 MEZ, Florian Vogelbacher <vofloria at ethz.ch> wrote:
> >
> >Is there a way to include the SGI MPT to the dune configuration, and if
> >so, what kind of information can I provide.
>
> It is very  implementation specific how to extract the necessary information. There are two things to start with.
> a) the config.log
> b) the help output of your mpicc

they do not seem to offer the latter, see
http://techpubs.sgi.com/library/manuals/3000/007-3773-003/pdf/007-3773-003.pdf

I do not see any reason to check whether the MPI implementation is
known. Therefore I created a branch that allows to deactivate the
check using the configure flag --disable-mpiconfigtest. This means
that the user has to provide the necessary flags manually. It is
located in the branch feature/disable-mpi-config

If the sgi documentation is correct then, the branch should work for
SGI without specifying any additional compile flags (as -lmpi is
checked in ACX_MPI).

@florian please checkout the branch and check whether this works for
you.

Markus

--
Do you need more support with DUNE or HPC in general?

Hans-Bunte-Str. 8-10, 69123 Heidelberg, Germany
Tel.: +49 (0) 160 97590858  Fax: +49 (0)322 1108991658