[Dune] Installation / MPI versus SGI MPT

Florian Vogelbacher vofloria at ethz.ch
Mon Mar 10 22:41:04 CET 2014

Hi

On 03/09/2014 06:12 PM, Markus Blatt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sun, Mar 09, 2014 at 04:28:32PM +0100, Christian Engwer wrote:
>> Hi Florian
>>
>> On 9. März 2014 11:41:59 MEZ, Florian Vogelbacher <vofloria at ethz.ch> wrote:
>>>
>>> Is there a way to include the SGI MPT to the dune configuration, and if
>>> so, what kind of information can I provide.
>>
>> It is very  implementation specific how to extract the necessary information. There are two things to start with.
>> a) the config.log
>> b) the help output of your mpicc

Shall the SGI MPT be included even though Markus' solution seems to work
for me?

> they do not seem to offer the latter, see
> http://techpubs.sgi.com/library/manuals/3000/007-3773-003/pdf/007-3773-003.pdf
>
> I do not see any reason to check whether the MPI implementation is
> known. Therefore I created a branch that allows to deactivate the
> check using the configure flag --disable-mpiconfigtest. This means
> that the user has to provide the necessary flags manually. It is
> located in the branch feature/disable-mpi-config
>
> If the sgi documentation is correct then, the branch should work for
> SGI without specifying any additional compile flags (as -lmpi is
> checked in ACX_MPI).
>
> @florian please checkout the branch and check whether this works for
> you.

The configuration and compilation of dune is running with the
feature/disable-mpi-config branch. Thank you! I am missing some packages
for HADES3D, so I cannot say if the final application is happy as well.
I will give update.