[Dune] how does integrationOuterNormal work?

Andreas Dedner a.s.dedner at warwick.ac.uk
Wed Sep 17 22:42:21 CEST 2014

Hi.
You should check out the definition of the 3 different geometries of the
intersection in detail.

Only intersection.geometry() maps into real space.
geometryInInside and geometryInOutsdide map between reference elements.
They map from the
reference element of the intersection into the reference element of the
inside/ouside entity. So
geometryInInside.global(x) is in fact a local coordinate within the
reference element of the inside entity.

If the global geometry is changed like in GeometryGrid then only the
geometries into real space need to be changed
the embeddings between different reference elements i.e.
geometryInInside do not have to be touched.

Best
Andreas