[Dune] Comments on Dune Developer Meeting 2014.

Robert Kloefkorn robertk at posteo.de
Thu Sep 25 17:43:23 CEST 2014

Hi Jö,
                                                            The reason
>> for that is, that a DUNE grid (in my opinion) is not a container. One
>> reason is, that the Entity is a proxy class and not a real object.
>
> I don't understand how "'it->' must be slower than '(*it).'" follows from
> that (if that is what meant).

my statement was referring to the protocol on the topic "EntityPointer's
future". The statement was:

In order to have operator-> work, a helper object should be provided by
the facade infrastructure.

Sounds fishy to me. And fishy most likely is not what we want.
Especially, since operator-> is not really needed.

If the documentation is the problem, we can make it clear that
EntityIterators behave like forward_iterators except for the missing
postfix and operator->. At least that makes it clear without the
mickeymousing suggested in the protocol (see above).

Best,

Rob