[Dune] Comments on Dune Developer Meeting 2014.

Martin Nolte nolte at mathematik.uni-freiburg.de
Thu Sep 25 17:52:55 CEST 2014

Hi Robert,

the really funny thing is that neither the operator-> nor the postfix
increment require any work from the grid developer, as they are (and will be
after making entities copyable) implemented by the facade classes.

There is, however, one point that does cause work: Forward iterators must be
default constructible. This in principle useful feature does indeed cause some
work for grid implementors. However, grids should keep working without this
constructor unless it is used.

And let's be reasonable: The impact of this change is nothing compared to the
big decision of making entities copyable in the future. This is where the true
work is buried.

Best,

Martin