[Dune] Gmsh reader and boundary Ids

Jö Fahlke jorrit at jorrit.de
Tue Apr 14 18:30:17 CEST 2015

Am Tue, 14. Apr 2015, 18:11:27 +0200 schrieb Oliver Sander:
> Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2015 18:11:27 +0200
> From: Oliver Sander <sander at igpm.rwth-aachen.de>
> To: dune at dune-project.org
> Subject: Re: [Dune] Gmsh reader and boundary Ids
>
> > As of now I have not noticed much pattern in the boundary segment index provided by individual grids.
>
> For UGGrid the following should hold: if you (i.e., the GmshReader) explicitly inserts boundary segments,
> then the value returned by boundaryIndex reflects the insertion order.  If you do not explicitly insert
> the boundary segments, then the ordering of the values of boundaryIndex is practically arbitrary.

Generally speaking (i.e. not just UG): if you do not explicitly insert the
boundary intersection (with or without boundary segments), it has not
insertion index.  Calling factory.insertionIndex() for an intersection without
insertion index results in undefined (or implementation-defined) behaviour.
You can check whether an intersection was inserted using
factory.wasInserted().

Regards,
Jö.

--
Jorrit (Jö) Fahlke, Institute for Computational und Applied Mathematics,
University of Münster, Orleans-Ring 10, D-48149 Münster

If God had intended Man to Smoke, He would have set him on Fire.
-- fortune