[Dune] Entity vs EntityPointer

Christian Engwer christian.engwer at uni-muenster.de
Thu Apr 16 11:45:50 CEST 2015

Dear all,

I wanted to get rid of deprecation warning in PDELab and observed and
replace things like
  intersectionIterator->outside()->type()
by
  intersectionIterator->outside().type()

Now the problem occures, that for most of the code I have a working
version without deprecation warnings, but when using ALUgrid, the code
breaks, as ALUGrid is not updated yet. This is a general issue,
because it blocks the upgrade path. How shall we proceed? One option
would be to extend the EntityPointer-wrapper such that we can call all
methods of the entity by forwarding the call internally. Are there
alternatives? Or is there an alternative upgrade path?

Ciao