[Dune] restart and factory

Andreas Dedner a.s.dedner at warwick.ac.uk
Thu Aug 27 18:12:05 CEST 2015

Hi.
Could you tell me how you measured the memory consumption of each
process -  did you use some C tool for doing this or used one of the
columns provided by top? It is clear that during the actual restoring of
the grid process zero needs quite a large chunk of memory to load the
full grid but after load balance this memory should be freed up again -
otherwise there is a memory leak which I haven't seen so far with alugrid.

> probably it keeps
> some information in memory (the factory??).
There is no factory involved in this case, since the backup/restore is
based on alugrid internal structures and doesn't go through any grid
factory.

Best
Andreas