[Dune] Alberta with Dune

Ansgar Burchardt "Ansgar Burchardt" at 43-1.org
Mon Feb 9 17:29:16 CET 2015

Hi,

On 02/09/2015 05:08 PM, Ganesh Diwan wrote:
>     Is -DENABLE_ALBERTA=1 included in the compiler flags? You have to add
>     $(ALBERTA_CPPFLAGS) in the Makefile.am for this, and I think also
>     ALBERTA_LIBS and ALBERTA_LDFLAGS to the LIBS (LDFLAGS) variables of your
>     program.
>
> My Makefile has
>
> ALBERTA1D_CPPFLAGS = [...]
> ALBERTA1D_LDFLAGS = [...]
> ALBERTA1D_LIBS = [...]
>
> Should this not suffice?

No, as far as I know that alone is not enough: some optional features
still have to be explicitly added to the compiler flags[1], just having
them detected by the configure script is not enough.

Please make sure that in Makefile.am

 - yourprogram_CPPFLAGS includes $(ALBERTA_CPPFLAGS)
 - yourprogram_LDADD includes $(ALBERTA_LDFLAGS) $(ALBERTA_LIBS)
 - yourprogram_LDFLAGS includes $(ALBERTA_LDFLAGS)

and that ALBERTA_DIM is set to the world dimension (also in Makefile.am).

Ansgar

  [1] Note that DUNE will default to add all flags by default in the
      future, though I guess that might not work with Alberta as the
      flags depend on the dimension.
      cf.
<https://dune-project.org/flyspray/index.php?do=details&task_id=1557>