[Dune] Alberta with Dune

Ganesh Diwan gcdiwan83 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 17:53:24 CET 2015

Hi Ansgar

My Makefile.am in /src is:

SUBDIRS =

noinst_PROGRAMS = dune_foo

dune_foo_SOURCES = dune_foo.cc

dune_foo_CPPFLAGS = $(AM_CPPFLAGS) \
    $(DUNEMPICPPFLAGS) \
    $(UG_CPPFLAGS) \
    $(AMIRAMESH_CPPFLAGS) \
    $(ALBERTA_CPPFLAGS) \
    $(ALUGRID_CPPFLAGS)
# The libraries have to be given in reverse order (most basic libraries
# last).  Also, due to some misunderstanding, a lot of libraries include the
# -L option in LDFLAGS instead of LIBS -- so we have to include the LDFLAGS
# here as well.
dune_foo_LDADD = \
    $(DUNE_LDFLAGS) $(DUNE_LIBS) \
    $(ALUGRID_LDFLAGS) $(ALUGRID_LIBS) \
    $(ALBERTA_LDFLAGS) $(ALBERTA_LIBS) \
    $(AMIRAMESH_LDFLAGS) $(AMIRAMESH_LIBS) \
    $(UG_LDFLAGS) $(UG_LIBS) \
    $(DUNEMPILIBS)    \
    $(LDADD)
dune_foo_LDFLAGS = $(AM_LDFLAGS) \
    $(DUNEMPILDFLAGS) \
    $(UG_LDFLAGS) \
    $(AMIRAMESH_LDFLAGS) \
    $(ALBERTA_LDFLAGS) \
    $(ALUGRID_LDFLAGS) \
    $(DUNE_LDFLAGS)

# don't follow the full GNU-standard
# we need automake 1.5
AUTOMAKE_OPTIONS = foreign 1.5

# pass most important options when "make distcheck" is used
DISTCHECK_CONFIGURE_FLAGS = --with-dune-common=$(DUNE_COMMON_ROOT)
--with-dune-geometry=$(DUNE_GEOMETRY_ROOT)
--with-dune-grid=$(DUNE_GRID_ROOT) --with-dune-istl=$(DUNE_ISTL_ROOT)
--with-dune-localfunctions=$(DUNE_LOCALFUNCTIONS_ROOT)
--with-dune-fem=$(DUNE_FEM_ROOT)
--with-dune-grid-howto=$(DUNE_GRID_HOWTO_ROOT)
--with-dune-grid-dev-howto=$(DUNE_GRID_DEV_HOWTO_ROOT)  CXX="$(CXX)"
CC="$(CC)" ALBERTA_DIM="$(WORLDDIM)"

EXTRA_DIST = CMakeLists.txt

include $(top_srcdir)/am/global-rules

Here I have manually added ALBERTA_DIM="$(WORLDDIM)" in the configure flags
line but the problem remains. Is this the correct way of defining
alberta_dim? A 2013 Grid interface howto document says one needs to give
--with-alberta-dim=2, --with-alberta-world-dim=2
while configuring Dune and only these dimensions can then be used. Do you
suggest I rerun ./configure in my dune-common folder with these values set?

If Alberta is going to have restrictions on the dimensions, is it possible
to consider Gmsh?

Thanks,
Ganesh