[Dune] Problem with compiling grid.globalIdSet()

Markus Blatt markus at dr-blatt.de
Thu Feb 26 11:25:23 CET 2015

Hi,

On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 08:48:37AM +0100, Aleksejs Fomins wrote:
> Could somebody please give me some suggestions with this bug? I am still stuck on it, so any advice would be appreciated
>
> Greetings,
> Aleksejs
>
> On 24/02/15 16:21, Aleksejs Fomins wrote:
> > Dear Christoph,
> >
> > Thank you for your suggestion, this indeed was the bug, I figured it
> > out more or less at the same time.
> >
> > Now this problem is fixed, but I have the same problem with
> > LeafIndexSet, but this time all of the const Grid are in place. (error
> > code below). What I do notice is that it finds the IndexType to be
> > "unsigned int" whereas in the derived derived class it is clearly "int".
> >
> > I am using the default Dune::GridTraits, and, as I see, it only
> > explicitly specifies 2 out of 4 template parameters when defining
> > Dune::IndexSet.

This is very well hidden in grid.hh
<https://www.dune-project.org/doc/doxygen/dune-grid-html/common_2grid_8hh_source.html> line 361, a forward declaration
that reads:

template< class GridImp, class IndexSetImp, class IndexTypeImp = unsigned int, class TypesImp = std::vector< GeometryType > > class IndexSet;

And you seem right that there seems to be no way of providing
IndexTypeImp and TypesImp to the GridTraits. Seems like a bug to
me. Maybe you want to file a bugreport?

Cheers,

Markus

--
Do you need more support with DUNE or HPC in general?

Hans-Bunte-Str. 8-10, 69123 Heidelberg, Germany
Tel.: +49 (0) 160 97590858