[Dune] [CMake] Set external ALUGrid

Christoph GrĂ¼ninger christoph.grueninger at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
Thu Jan 8 07:19:31 CET 2015

Hi Arya,
that's all right that you have to pass the full path. Assuming your
g++-4.7 is not in the path, how should CMake determine its location?

> The problem that I have now
> is that ALUGrid can not be found by the compiler. Currently the opts
> file is looking like this:
>
> CONFIGURE_FLAGS="--enable-parallel"
>
> CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH="\
> /afs/desy.de/user/a/afallahi/extlib/alugrid-1.5;\
> /afs/desy.de/user/a/afallahi/extlib/metis-5.0;\
> "
>
> GXX_OPTS="-O3 -g0"
>
> CMAKE_FLAGS=" \
> CXXFLAGS=\"$GXX_OPTS\" \
> -DCMAKE_CXX_COMPILER=/afs/desy.de/user/a/afallahi/extlib/gcc-4.7/bin/g++-4.7
> MPICC=$HOME/extlib/openmpi-1.6/bin/mpicc \
> -DALUGRID_ROOT=/afs/desy.de/user/a/afallahi/extlib/alugrid-1.5;\
> -DMETIS_ROOT=/afs/desy.de/user/a/afallahi/extlib/metis-5.0;\
>
> However, I receive the following error when dune-geometry is compiling:
>
> configure: searching for ALUGrid in /usr...
> configure: searching for ALUGrid in /usr/local...
> configure: searching for ALUGrid in /usr/local/alugrid...
> configure: searching for ALUGrid in /opt/alugrid...
> checking ALUGrid version >= 1.52... no
> checking alugrid_serial.h usability... no
> checking alugrid_serial.h presence... no
> checking for alugrid_serial.h... no
> configure: WARNING: alugrid_serial.h not found in /include
> configure: error: could not find required module dune-geometry
> --- Failed to build dune-grid ---
> Terminating dunecontrol due to previous errors!

> I am just copy and pasting from the website. But, it seems something is
> wrong in the guide lines.

- You get the error when compiling dune-grid, not dune-geometry.
- You are mixing two ways passing external libraries. Please select
  one, as I wrote in the wiki:
  a) use the CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH and add it to your CMAKE_FLAGS with
       -DCMAKE_PREFIX_PATH=\"$CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH\" \
  b) use -D*_ROOT=<external-path> without the trailing semicolon
- I highly encourage you to switch to dune-alugrid as soon, as soon as
  possible. There is a stable 2.3 release you can checkout from their
  git repository. For reasons unimaginable the ALUGrid maintainers
  refuse to provide tarballs.

Thanks for your feedback, I'll clarify the section about external
dependencies and add compiler selection to the user wiki page.

Bye
Christoph

--
GDB does hate your application, expresses its contempt through the
design of its command-line interface.   -- Tom Tromey, FOSDEM 2014