[Dune] [CMake] Set the compiler

Atgeirr Rasmussen Atgeirr.Rasmussen at sintef.no
Thu Jan 8 08:29:41 CET 2015

8. jan. 2015 kl. 06:55 skrev Christoph GrĂ¼ninger <christoph.grueninger at iws.uni-stuttgart.de>:

> Good morning Atgeirr,
> what does exactly not work? Have you tried to add
> -DCMAKE_CXX_COMPILER=clang++
> to the CMAKE_FLAGS in your opts file? That works for me. If it does not
> work for you, can you sent us your current opts file?

Actually everything works for me. I do not need this anymore since clang is now the system standard compiler
on my OS, so I can mostly use dunecontrol as in the autotools days with no problems (using the dune tarballs).

For the OPM modules I work on, I do not use dunecontrol. I use the cmake -C option to save time/bugs when configuring.

It could be that cmake behaviour has changed when it comes to switching compilers, because at least earlier I had problems
with it, yet you report that setting the flag on the command line works now. I am not a cmake expert!

Atgeirr