[Dune] Release notes as publications

Oliver Sander sander at igpm.rwth-aachen.de
Sun Jul 19 12:50:49 CEST 2015

Dear Dune team,

FEniCS recently released version 1.5 of their software suite.  Their release notes
are available in form of a short "paper", under

https://bitbucket.org/fenics-project/fenics-release-notes

The Archive of Numerical Software

http://journals.ub.uni-heidelberg.de/index.php/ans/

is willing to publish such release notes.  That way, they become real journal
articles.  They can be cited, and people who worked on a particular release
can get some credit for it.

Are we motivated to do the same for our upcoming 2.4 release?  I don't think that
that would be very much work.  Have a look at the FEniCS release notes.  Writing
something similar would basically mean to pipe our existing release notes into TeX,
adding a little bit of prose, references, and a few pictures.

What do you think?