[Dune] dune-alugrid installation issue

Dunlop, Matt matthew.dunlop at warwick.ac.uk
Wed Jun 3 17:14:20 CEST 2015

Dear Dune,

I am having an issue installing dune-alugrid, as part of the installation of dune-peits.
I've attached the full output from running

sudo ./dune-common-2.3.1/bin/dunecontrol --opts=config.opts all

along with the config.opts file and the alugrid config.log. The process halts at:

configure:36305: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_DEFINE
      See the Autoconf documentation.
configure:36311: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_MSG_RESULT
configure:36313: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_MSG_WARN
--- Failed to build dune-alugrid ---
Terminating dunecontrol due to previous errors!

I'm using the following versions of DUNE modules:
dune-alugrid 2.3
dune-common 2.3.1
dune-fem 1.4.0
dune-geometry 2.3.1
dune-grid 2.3.1

(The latter 4 are from the tarballs on the DUNE download page, and alugrid is the release version from the repository)

Additionally, I'm using the following versions of software:
Mac OS X 10.10.3
g++ (MacPorts gcc46 4.6.4_7) 4.6.4
pkg-config 0.28
automake 1.15
autoconf 2.69

Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be?

Thanks,
Matt