[Dune] dune-alugrid installation issue

Jö Fahlke jorrit at jorrit.de
Wed Jun 3 18:21:22 CEST 2015

Am Wed,  3. Jun 2015, 15:14:20 +0000 schrieb Dunlop, Matt:
> Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2015 15:14:20 +0000
> From: "Dunlop, Matt" <matthew.dunlop at warwick.ac.uk>
> To: "dune at dune-project.org" <dune at dune-project.org>
> Subject: [Dune] dune-alugrid installation issue
>
> Dear Dune,
>
> I am having an issue installing dune-alugrid, as part of the installation of dune-peits.
> I've attached the full output from running
>
> sudo ./dune-common-2.3.1/bin/dunecontrol --opts=config.opts all
>
> along with the config.opts file and the alugrid config.log. The process halts at:
>
> configure:36305: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_DEFINE
>       If this token and others are legitimate, please use m4_pattern_allow.
>       See the Autoconf documentation.
> configure:36311: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_MSG_RESULT
> configure:36313: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_MSG_WARN
> --- Failed to build dune-alugrid ---
> Terminating dunecontrol due to previous errors!
>
> I'm using the following versions of DUNE modules:
> dune-alugrid 2.3
> dune-common 2.3.1
> dune-fem 1.4.0
> dune-geometry 2.3.1
> dune-grid 2.3.1
>
> (The latter 4 are from the tarballs on the DUNE download page, and alugrid is the release version from the repository)
>
> Additionally, I'm using the following versions of software:
> Mac OS X 10.10.3
> g++ (MacPorts gcc46 4.6.4_7) 4.6.4
> pkg-config 0.28
> automake 1.15
> autoconf 2.69
>
> Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be?

Hmm, dune-alugrid is the only module that isn't from a tarball, so it is the
only one where the build need to be generated scripts (the tarballs already
ship the generated scripts).

There are a lot of warnings in the logs about PKG_PROG_PGK_CONFIG not found.
In my experience those are harmless, but you may want to check your pkg-config
installation anyway -- I remember something along the lines of pkg.m4 not
being installed in the correct aclocal path.

Regarding the actual problem: could you send us the generated configure file?
There are probably clues around line 36305.

Regards,
Jö.

--
Jorrit (Jö) Fahlke, Institute for Computational und Applied Mathematics,
University of Münster, Orleans-Ring 10, D-48149 Münster

In the beginning the Universe was created.  This has made a lot of
people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
-- Douglas Adams