[Dune] Problem running DUNE course 2015 pdelab-exercise4sol

Tatiana Kim T.Kim at bath.ac.uk
Fri Jun 5 13:11:31 CEST 2015

Hi Christoph and Eike. Thanks for your help! Removing "Generic" from "GenericReferenceElements" solves the problem and I can compile the code without errors.

However, when I run ldom_examples, I get the following output:

parallel run on 1 process(es)
usage: ./ldom_example <cfg-file>

The first few lines of the ldom_examples.cc are:

int main(int argc, char** argv)
{
    std::cout << "Have " << argc << " arguments:" << std::endl;
    for (int i = 0; i < argc; ++i) {
        std::cout << argv[i] << std::endl;
    }

    try{
        // Maybe initialize Mpi
        Dune::MPIHelper& helper = Dune::MPIHelper::instance(argc, argv);
        if (Dune::MPIHelper::isFake)
            std::cout<< "This is a sequential program." << std::endl;
        else
        {
            if(helper.rank()==0)
                std::cout << "parallel run on " << helper.size() << " process(es)" << std::endl;
        }

        if (argc!=2)
        {
            if (helper.rank()==0)
                std::cout << "usage: ./ldom_example <cfg-file>" << std::endl;
            return 1;
        }

In my code, argc =1 - hence the output "usage: ./ldom_example <cfg-file>". The code then exits the program.

I am not an expert in C++ so not sure what the problem here might be. Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Tatiana.