[Dune] How to use parallel linear solvers

Tobias Ritschel tobiasritschel at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 16:03:38 CEST 2015

Hi

I am trying to implement a parallel linear solver using ISTL. For that I
need to use the *OwnerOverlapCopyCommunication *class. I include

#include <dune/istl/owneroverlapcopy.hh>

and when I try to compile I get the following error

/home/tobias/Documents/OPM_Optimization/src/OPMSim.cpp:556:52: error:
'OwnerOverlapCopyCommunication' is not a member of 'Dune'

>From *owneroverlapcopy.hh* it seems that the *OwnerOverlapCopyCommunication
*is only defined if HAVE_MPI is defined. I believe that the solution is to
change the cmake files. I am currently using cmake files copied from
opm-autodiff and haven't been able to find anything which searches for MPI.

Is it correct that this is what is causing the compilation error and could
you point me towards a solution?

Kind regards
Tobias Ritschel