[Dune] Runtime error with parallel linear solver

Tobias Ritschel tobiasritschel at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 21:00:36 CEST 2015

Hi again

I want to use the RestartedGMRES in parallel and I am using the following
data structures

typedef Dune::OwnerOverlapCopyCommunication<int,int> Comm;
typedef Dune::BlockVector<Dune::FieldVector<double,1>> Vector;
typedef Dune::OverlappingSchwarzOperator<Opm::DuneMatrix, Vector, Vector,
Comm> Matrix;

typedef Dune::OverlappingSchwarzScalarProduct<Vector, Comm> ScalarProduct;
typedef Dune::SeqJac<Opm::DuneMatrix, Vector, Vector> SeqPrec;
typedef Dune::BlockPreconditioner<Vector, Vector, Comm, SeqPrec> ParPrec;

I then initialize the sequential and parallel preconditioner and the
solver. The code compiles with mpic++ but when I run the code with mpiexec
(regardless of the number of processors), I get the following message

'Dune::InterfaceBuilder::RemotexIndicesStateError'

As far as I can see, it is called when I call the member function apply on
the RestartedGMRES solver object.

I haven't been able to find out exactly what the error message means, only
that something with indices is out of sync. I am wondering if the data
structures are compatible? I have also been trying to use the
SeqOverlappingSchwarz preconditioner, though I ran into trouble.

Suggestions on how to solve this will be much appreciated.

Kind regards
Tobias