[Dune] certificate problems?

Jö Fahlke jorrit at jorrit.de
Sun Jun 14 16:36:10 CEST 2015

Am Sat, 13. Jun 2015, 23:58:18 +0200 schrieb Christian Engwer:
> Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2015 23:58:18 +0200
> From: Christian Engwer <christian.engwer at uni-muenster.de>
> To: dune at dune-project.org
> Subject: [Dune] certificate problems?
>
> Dear all,
>
> is there a problem with the server certificates, or am I just to
> stupid to handle my git?
>
> When I try to push to git.dune-project.org I receive the following
> error message:
>
> fatal: unable to access 'https://christi@git.dune-project.org/repositories/dune-common/': gnutls_handshake() failed: Public key signature verification has failed.

It works for me (with https://joe@..., or course).

I thought that maybe the server is using a DFN-signed certificate, and I
remember I had to install that at some point.  However, accordings to my
browser, it is signed by "GlobalSign nv-sa".  Is the line

  mozilla/GlobalSign_Root_CA.crt

present and enabled in your /etc/ca-certificates.conf?

Note that there is a good chance your browser and GnuTLS have different lists
of CAs enabled.

Regards,
Jö.

--
Jorrit (Jö) Fahlke, Institute for Computational und Applied Mathematics,
University of Münster, Orleans-Ring 10, D-48149 Münster

Das Erststudium soll bis zum berufsqualifizierenden Abschluss
gebührenfrei bleiben, also bis zur Erlangung der Taxi-Lizenz.
-- Akrützel, Ausgabe vom 16.5.2002 (www.akruetzel.de)