[Dune] certificate problems?

Christian Engwer christian.engwer at uni-muenster.de
Sun Jun 14 21:11:23 CEST 2015

Hi Jö,

> I thought that maybe the server is using a DFN-signed certificate, and I
> remember I had to install that at some point.  However, accordings to my
> browser, it is signed by "GlobalSign nv-sa".  Is the line
>
>   mozilla/GlobalSign_Root_CA.crt
>
> present and enabled in your /etc/ca-certificates.conf?

yes it is

I think the problem is a combination of the recent gnutls upgrade on
debian-testing and (perhaps9 the latest changes of the apache ssl
configuration on conan (may 20th).

I didn't manage to really find the reason, but ssllabs also complain a
lot about the ssl configuration of git.dune-project.org. conan2
works. On bugs.debian.org was as bug report about recent git problems
with SNI-enabled servers (which migth be the problem in this case as
we have virtual hosts).

Furthermore I failed to quickly switch conan to gnutls, which might improve
the situation...