[Dune] weird intersection centers

Marco Cisternino marco.cisternino at optimad.it
Mon Nov 23 20:12:36 CET 2015

Hi duners,
I'm using dune 2.3 and alugrid 1.52 and I see a weird behaviour when I ask dune for intersection centers.
The element I'm considering should have interfaces 4 and 5 centers with the same z-coordinate and different x and y coordinates.
But it is not.
This statement
liit->geometry().center();
where liit is a iterator over element intersections
gives me the same x coordinate for the two faces. And this coordinate is equal to the element center one and it shouldn't.
Plotting the element using the vtk writer gives me the correct element.
I'm wondering if the source of error could be the call of center() method of the geometry in that way.
I want to remark that faces 2 and 3 are in an analogous situation but their centers are correct.
Faces 0 and 1 are correct too, but in a different configuration.
I can provide you with a plot of the element if it could help.

Thanks for your attention.
Best regards,

Marco Cisternino