[Dune] dune-alugrid / dune-grid

Christoph Grüninger christoph.grueninger at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
Thu Apr 7 13:46:23 CEST 2016

Hi Martin,
we know that dunecontrol and the inter-modular dependencies are
difficult to handle. Thu current state is a result partly by history and
partly by need. Many projects of our size have quirky build systems.
Take for example OpenFOAM or FEniCS.
I understand that you think, you can do better. Especially for your own
project, where you can drop quite a lot of generality. Nevertheless,
you'll have to adjust your buildsystem part to all changes Dune will
see. In my experience, for the long term success of a code, it's better
to stick to upstream.

Bye
Christoph

--
The method has been developed for use on a high-speed electronic
computer and would be impractical for hand-solution purposes.