[Dune] setup repository to clone without password

Aleksejs Fomins aleksejs.fomins at lspr.ch
Wed Jan 27 15:51:07 CET 2016

Dear Dune,

I am trying to setup new repository for curvilinear grid on private server.

I find it very smart that for other Dune modules, one can clone them without providing a username and password, but write access requires a username and is password-protected.

I am already able to set up a private repository, where you can push and pull using sth like

git clone user at mysite.com/folder/repo.git - and then enter the user password.

but I would like to do it the smart way, such that anybody can clone/pull without user access.

How does one achieve this functionality? I tried looking online, but didn't find much.

Greetings,
Aleksejs