[Dune] setup repository to clone without password

Carsten Gräser graeser at mi.fu-berlin.de
Wed Jan 27 16:48:48 CET 2016

Hi Aleksejs,
I'm afraid this is far beyond the scope of this list.
However you may consider the git book on this

  https://git-scm.com/book/en/v2/Git-on-the-Server-The-Protocols

This describes various methods to provide authenticated
and anonymous access available essentially with plain
git. If you want more features or fine grained control
you may want to consider setting up something like gitlab or gitolite.

Best,
Carsten

Am 27. Januar 2016 15:51:07 MEZ, schrieb Aleksejs Fomins <aleksejs.fomins at lspr.ch>:
>Dear Dune,
>
>I am trying to setup new repository for curvilinear grid on private
>server.
>
>I find it very smart that for other Dune modules, one can clone them
>without providing a username and password, but write access requires a
>username and is password-protected.
>
>I am already able to set up a private repository, where you can push
>and pull using sth like
>
>git clone user at mysite.com/folder/repo.git - and then enter the user
>password.
>
>but I would like to do it the smart way, such that anybody can
>clone/pull without user access.
>
>How does one achieve this functionality? I tried looking online, but
>didn't find much.
>

>Greetings,
>Aleksejs

Prof. Dr. Carsten Gräser