[Dune] Possible service outages this weekend

Steffen Müthing steffen.muething at posteo.de
Fri Jul 29 16:41:21 CEST 2016

Hi everyone,

I will use the weekend to move the website and the mail server to the
new server.

This will definitely lead to temporary outages, in particular of the mailing lists.
As an alternative channel, there is a very simple website at

http://status.dune-project.org

that lists the current state of affairs of the different services. If something isn’t
working, please take a look at that web page.

Moreover, I don’t know yet how to handle the mailing lists - I’m musing whether
to keep mailman (which is in this horrible limbo of having two versions out right
now, just like the underlying Python, and just to add to the fun, Mailman 3 has
some parts running on Python 2 and some on Python 3), or to switch to something
more modern and self-contained like discourse, which would give us both mailing
lists and a forum, which can even interact with each other (and they do polls ;-) ).

I’ll set up a Discourse instance over the weekend so that everyone can give it a
whirl and will also try to piece together all of the mailman parts for a migration to the
new server.

Steffen