[Dune] problems with dune-functions building

Steffen Müthing steffen.muething at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Mon Jun 6 13:34:30 CEST 2016

> Am 06.06.2016 um 12:29 schrieb Carsten Gräser <graeser at mi.fu-berlin.de>:
>
> Hi Christoph,
>
> Am 03.06.2016 um 08:08 schrieb Christoph Grüninger:
>> Hi!
>> Actually, my error message is quite different from what Francesco got. I
>> am not sure whether they are the same issue.
>> The error from my last email was generated with Clang 3.5.0.
> I originally thought, you reproduces the dune-functions issue.
> I have an idea about this one, but I've no idea about the
> TMP construction of the reference elements and the DGF code.

One thing I noticed while doing some changes in TypeTree recently is that older
versions of clang have some bugs when using variadic templates together with template
aliases - maybe that plays into this problem (especially if you are using clang + libstdc++,
because libstdc++ is only optimised for gcc, which doesn’t have this issue).

But that’s only a guess.

Cheers
Steffen