[Dune] static/shared library problem

Andreas Dedner a.s.dedner at warwick.ac.uk
Mon Nov 14 16:39:40 CET 2016

Dear CMake Experts.
A student of mine has run into a problem which I don't really know how
to solve correctly.
He is compiling a shared library version of dune (BUILD_SHARED_LIBS=TRUE).
He also has an installed version of suitesparse with a
libsuitesparseconfig.a being picked up by the
cmake tests - there is no suitable suitesparseconfig.so. This is causing
problems now because the linker flags include the -lsuitesparse (since
it was found) but the static library of course can't be used.

How do I get find_package to ignore static libs?
I noticed a 'DUNE_USE_ONLY_STATIC_LIBS' but no corresponding
'DUNE_USE_ONLY_SHARED_LIBS'.

Thanks
Andreas