[Dune] problem compiling dune-grid from git repository

Christoph GrĂ¼ninger christoph.grueninger at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
Thu Nov 17 10:13:57 CET 2016

Hi Edscott,
me again, I re-read your email and have some
additional thoughts.

1) To get rid of caching and broken configuration,
    please always delete the build-cmake directory
    of the current module, or in doubt, from all
    modules.

> But then there's the issue that it finds, and does
> not find uggrid.

2) Please always double check whether it is UG or dune-uggrid.
    UG is the external library which we still support beside
    the Dune module dune-uggrid.

> I created a dune.opts file with the above directive, and ran
> "dunecontrol --opts=dune.opts"
> and got the same hang (I probable did not create dune.opts
> correctly or something)

Probably a caching issue.

> Other weird stuff I've noticed:
> 1. even if I uninstall alberta, it will continue to find it.
> Seems to have the information cached somewhere.

Yes, see above.

> 2. does not find psurface, but then reports it was found (I
> have psurface-1.3.1-1 installed from ArchLinux AUR)
> -- Checking for one of the modules 'psurface'
> -- Checking for module 'psurface'
> --   No package 'psurface' found

Can you re-do with deleted caches? The psurface test tries to
find one of several versions. Having the complete output
might help here.

Bye
Christoph

--
[..] Mathematicians are like theologians: we regard
existence as the prime attribute of what we study.