[Dune] [SOLVED] Re: problem compiling dune-grid from git repository

Edscott Wilson edscott.wilson.garcia at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 19:19:42 CET 2016

Oliver has the problem well identified: the find/nofind dune-uggrid is what
screws things up.

Digging a little further into the issue, the problem is not with cmake but
with
the default configuration determined by the bash scripts.

In the absence of opts file the envvar CMAKE_MODULE_PATH is empty (I'm not
sure
if it even can be defined there). This is what causes the find/nofind
problem
with dune-uggrid and screws up all the includes and starts the wild goose
chase
for headers at /dev.

The work around real easy, you just have to prepend
 "CMAKE_MODULE_PATH=`pwd` "
before the "dunecontrol all" command, with a
"rm -rf `find ./ -name build-cmake`"
to clear caches before that (thanks Christoph).

*But* another problem arises. This is with the alberta package. If alberta
is
installed and found, compilation fails with the error (and many warnings):

/archive/GIT/dune/dune-grid/dune/grid/albertagrid/elementinfo.hh:416:11:
error: no hay una función coincidente para la llamada a
‘swap(Dune::Alberta::ElementInfo<1>::Instance*&,
Dune::Alberta::ElementInfo<1>::Instance*&)’
       swap( instance_, other.instance_ );
       ~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In file included from
/archive/GIT/dune/dune-common/dune/common/densematrix.hh:19:0,
                 from
/archive/GIT/dune/dune-common/dune/common/fmatrix.hh:15,
                 from
/archive/GIT/dune/dune-grid/dune/grid/albertagrid/agrid.hh:25,
                 from
/archive/GIT/dune/dune-grid/dune/grid/albertagrid.hh:5,
                 from
/archive/GIT/dune/dune-grid/dune/grid/albertagrid/dgfparser.hh:8,
                 from
/archive/GIT/dune/dune-grid/dune/grid/albertagrid/dgfparser.cc:10:
/archive/GIT/dune/dune-common/dune/common/simd.hh:300:8: nota: candidate:
template<class T> void Dune::swap(T&, T&, bool)
   void swap(T &v1, T &v2, bool mask)

        ^~~~

So if you remove the alberta package, everything with dune-uggrid compiles
and installs fine. But if you have the alberta package installed, you have
to disable the dune-uggrid package. I suppose this is a temporary thing,
being the git repository a moving target.

I worked with git repositories updated 17-sep-2016 16:10 Dresden time (9:10
CST).

Thanks all

christoph.grueninger at iws.uni-stuttgart.de>:

> Hi Edscott,
> me again, I re-read your email and have some
> additional thoughts.
>
> 1) To get rid of caching and broken configuration,
>    please always delete the build-cmake directory
>    of the current module, or in doubt, from all
>    modules.
>
> But then there's the issue that it finds, and does
>> not find uggrid.
>>

> 2) Please always double check whether it is UG or dune-uggrid.
>    UG is the external library which we still support beside
>    the Dune module dune-uggrid.
>
> I created a dune.opts file with the above directive, and ran "dunecontrol
>> --opts=dune.opts"
>> and got the same hang (I probable did not create dune.opts correctly or
>> something)
>>

> Probably a caching issue.
>
> Other weird stuff I've noticed:
>> 1. even if I uninstall alberta, it will continue to find it. Seems to
>> have the information cached somewhere.
>>

> Yes, see above.
>
> 2. does not find psurface, but then reports it was found (I have
>> psurface-1.3.1-1 installed from ArchLinux AUR)
>> -- Checking for one of the modules 'psurface'
>> -- Checking for module 'psurface'
>> --   No package 'psurface' found
>>

> Can you re-do with deleted caches? The psurface test tries to
> find one of several versions. Having the complete output
> might help here.
>

> Bye
> Christoph
>
> --
> [..] Mathematicians are like theologians: we regard
> existence as the prime attribute of what we study.
> But unlike theologians, we need not always rely upon
> faith alone.                      [Lawrence Evans]

Dr. Edscott Wilson Garcia
Reservoir Engineering
Mexican Petroleum Institute