[Dune] [SOLVED] Re: problem compiling dune-grid from git repository

Edscott Wilson edscott.wilson.garcia at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 00:33:35 CET 2016

Hi Markus,

   This is really weird. After I cleaned my system of all traces of
alberta, the problem does not happen anymore. If I reinstall alberta from
the Archlinux AUR package, it does not happen any more, with or without the
patch to dunecontrol.

   Looking back, I think the whole problem may have been due to a
misconfigured alberta, since at first I could not decide whether to compile
from source or to install from the AUR package, and I probably got
something mixed up there which broke the CMAKE_FLAGS.

Kind regards,

Edscott

> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Nov 17, 2016 at 12:19:42PM -0600, Edscott Wilson wrote:
> >
> > In the absence of opts file the envvar CMAKE_MODULE_PATH is empty (I'm
> not
> > sure
> > if it even can be defined there). This is what causes the find/nofind
> > problem
> > with dune-uggrid and screws up all the includes and starts the wild goose
> > chase
> > for headers at /dev.
> >
> > The work around real easy, you just have to prepend
> >  "CMAKE_MODULE_PATH=`pwd` "
> > before the "dunecontrol all" command, with a
> > "rm -rf `find ./ -name build-cmake`"
> > to clear caches before that (thanks Christoph).
> >

> Cool that you found out the problem. It is still weired that you are
> the only one experiencing it. What operating system and CMake version
> are you using?
>
> Would you be so kind and test whether my MR
> https://gitlab.dune-project.org/core/dune-common/merge_requests/175
> fixes this (without
> you setting CMAKE_MODULE_PATH)?
>
> Thanks!