[Dune] question about getting vertex data

Timo Koch timo.koch at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
Mon Dec 18 23:44:21 CET 2017

Dear Ilya,

for any 1d grid in any world dimension you will get the local vertex index (in local numbering of the inside element (entity of codimension 0)) by intersection.indexInInside() member function.
You can then use a mapper like Dune::MultipleCodimMultipleGeomTypeMapper (with a VertexLayout) to get the vertex index on the gridview using the subIndex() member function.
In total the call could look something like this

auto vertexIndex = vertexMapper.subIndex(element, intersection.indexInInside(), /*codimension=*/ 1);

I’m happy you are using Dune::FoamGrid and hope you find it useful. Do you mind sharing for what application / in which field you are using it?

Best wishes
Timo