[Dune] Using GDB with DUNE?

Bryan Doyle btd2 at rice.edu
Wed Apr 25 17:36:08 CEST 2018

 Hello Christoph,
I apologize for the delayed response, and appreciate your input. I am not
aware of anyone in my group related to DuMuX; I received my .opts file from
a post-doc who has worked with DUNE in the past, but as far as I know he is
not related to the DuMuX group either. That being said, I may just be
unaware of the affiliation!

I may have misunderstood your suggestion, but adding the line
-DCMAKE_CXX_FLAGS = " \

     -fopenmp \
     -fno-strict-aliasing \
     -fstrict-overflow \
     -ffast-math \
     -fno-finite-math-only \
     -O3 \
     -g \
     -march=native \
     -DNDEBUG=1"

to my CMAKE_FLAGS variable in my .opts file gave me the same error as
before; everything builds without issue, but when using GDB I get a "no
debugging symbols found" error. Is there something else I need to add in
order to get the -g flag to be passed to the C++ compiler?

In regards to using the verbose option, I make my executable using
dune-control:
./dune/dune-common-2.5.1/bin/dunecontrol
Do you know if there is an analogous option to VERBOSE=ON for dune-control,
in order to see what flags are actually used?

Any input you or anyone else may have would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
Bryan