[Dune] building DUNE

Carsten Gräser graeser at mi.fu-berlin.de
Thu Aug 2 02:13:36 CEST 2018

Hi Brendan,

Am 02.08.2018 um 01:15 schrieb Brendan OBoyle:
> Hi there,
>
> I've been trying to build a clone of DUNE on my mac. Unfortunately it
> seems that none of the builds seem complete when I type :
> ./dune-common-2.6.0/bin/dunecontrol all
>
> The console suggests I am missing dune-alugrid,dune-uugrid,dune-python
> and dune-corepy.
>
> Please can you advise what are the essential modules I need to build a
> clone of DUNE.
DUNE is not a single library, but an ecosystem of depended
modules and the list of required modules will differ
depending on which higher level modules you intend to use.

There's five 'essential' core modules that you will need
for most of the other ones. However, non of them requires
the modules you listed above. Hence I suspect that you're
trying to build some other higher level module, too. Have
a look at the 'DUNE modules' section on our webpage. This
contains a list of dependencies for each of the modules
listed there:

  https://dune-project.org/

In case your higher level module is not listed there, you
can have a look into its dune.module file which contains
the dependencies considered by the dunecontrol script.

I hope this will help solving your problem.

Regards,
Carsten